Study Abroad Advising
Attend Study Abroad 101
Ready to get started on your study abroad journey? The first step is to join us for one of our Study Abroad 101 Information Sessions! In this session one of our Study Abroad Advisors will cover general information that will help guide you through the next steps to study abroad, including the application process, funding and financial aid info, credits, and more! Find an upcoming session.
Stop by During Drop-In Hours
Have a quick question about study abroad? Stop in during our Drop-In Hours to ask general questions that might not require a 20 minute advising appointment. View Drop-In Hours.
Financial Aid Drop-In Hours
Planning to study abroad but haven’t decided where to go? As you consider your options, it will be important to think about how you plan to pay for your experience abroad. For general questions about how financial aid works when you study abroad, drop by to ask our Financial Aid Advisor on Thursdays from 2-3pm beginning February 13th.
If you already have a specific program in mind and would like detailed information about your financial aid eligibility, please schedule a financial aid advising appointment!
Individual Advising Appointments
Still have questions after attending Study Abroad 101 and want to speak with an advisor for an individual appointment? Follow the steps below to schedule an individual advising appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
Below is a list of advisors and the region of the world that they advise for. Click on the advisor’s name for the region of the world you are interested in to schedule an appointment.
- Ben Briggs, UK & Ireland (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland)
- Katelyn Brown-Gomez, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America (Portugal, Spain, Central & South America)
- Adrienne Cromwell, UNC-NUS Joint Degree program, Semester at Sea & Sea Semester. Adrienne is the also the Advisor for Access.
- Brian Henry, Western Europe & Canada (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland)
- Oliver Jones, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe (Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Russia), the Middle East, Africa
- Derek Shepard, Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mongolia, Nepal, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam), Oceania (Australia, New Zealand), U.S. Domestic Programs
- Ashley Szulak, Non-approved programs
Financial Aid Advising Appointments
Have you decided what study abroad program you will be applying to or are you deciding between two programs? Schedule an appointment to discuss your detailed financial aid information and program affordability.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Be sure to attend Study Abroad 101 in advance so you can ask more program-specific questions during your meeting
- Prepare questions and/or discussion topics to go over with your advisor
- Be ready for a 10-20 minute conversation
Talk to a Peer Ambassador