Study Abroad Advising
Give us a call between 9-5
If you have a quick question feel free to give us a call at 919-962-7002.
Complete Study Abroad 101
Ready to get started on your study abroad journey? The first step is to complete Study Abroad 101! Learn about the steps to study abroad including selecting a program that aligns with your goals, te application process, earning academic credit, and more!
*Note that live Study Abroad 101 sessions will be conducted over Zoom for the foreseeable future. Zoom meeting links can be found on the event calendar for each specific 101 session.
Additionally, we encourage students to consider costs. Attend a Funding 101 session, or watch the Funding 101 video for a complete overview of program expenses including information on how to read the program budget sheets, financial aid eligibility and the scholarship application.
Attend Drop-In Hours
Study Abroad Advising & Financial Aid
Meet us on Zoom every Thursday from 2-3. Find link at https://studyabroad.unc.edu/events/
Meet us on Zoom every Wednesday from 2-3. Find link at https://studyabroad.unc.edu/events/
Individual Advising Appointments
Still have questions after attending Study Abroad 101 and want to speak with an advisor for an individual appointment? Follow the steps below to schedule an individual advising appointment.
Schedule an Appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor
Below is a list of advisors and the region of the world that they advise for. Click on the advisor’s name for the region of the world you are interested in to schedule an appointment. Please schedule appointments at least 24 hours in advance.*
*After you schedule an appointment with an advisor, you will receive an email with a link to a Zoom meeting. All meetings will be conducted over Zoom for the foreseeable future.
- Ben Briggs, UK, Ireland & Canada (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland)
- Katelyn Brown-Gomez, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Latin America (Portugal, Spain, Central & South America)
- Adrienne Cromwell, Advisor for Access
- Oliver Jones, Scandinavia, Select European Countries (Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, The Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland), the Middle East, Africa, Semester at Sea & Sea Semester
- Lynn Neddo, Italy and France (also check the Events Calendar for upcoming France and Italy info sessions)
- Derek Shepard, Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mongolia, Nepal, Singapore – including the Joint Degree Program, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam), Oceania (Australia, New Zealand), U.S. Domestic Programs
- Ashley Szulak, Student Initiated programs in France and Italy
Financial Aid Advising Appointments
Have you decided which study abroad program you will be applying to, or are you deciding between two programs? Schedule an appointment with our financial aid advisor to discuss your detailed financial aid information and program affordability, and take a closer look at the budget sheet for your selected program.*
*After you schedule an appointment, you will receive an email with a link to a Zoom meeting. All appointments will be conducted over Zoom for the foreseeable future.
Preparing for your appointment:
- Be sure to attend Study Abroad 101 in advance so you can ask more program-specific questions during your meeting
- Prepare questions and/or discussion topics to go over with your advisor
- Be ready for a 10-20 minute conversation
Talk to a Peer Ambassador