How to Apply
Complete Online Application
Students will receive an email with a link to the UNC application once they have been nominated by their home institution.
Applications are online and consist of multiple components tailored to your program. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure your application is complete. Each application component is listed on your account page. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully, as there may be required follow-up steps.
Below is a list of items required for nearly every application. Some applications require additional items not listed here. Each item has more instructions on the application.
- Students Rights & Responsibilities and UNC Honor Code: These items discuss important UNC rules, regulations, and policies you are required to follow as part of your program at UNC
- English Language Proficiency: If English is not your native language, you will need to provide copies of your scores on the TOEFL iBT, APIEL, or IELTS tests.
- Essay: Respond to the prompt to tell us about your plans to study at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Transcript: Upload a copy of your official transcript from your home institution.
- (GVSP only) Letter of Reference: Applicants to the GVSP must submit two letters of reference on official university letterhead from instructors or professors who are familiar with your academic work.
When you finish all required items, click Submit Application. Please complete all requirements before the deadline to be considered.
Please note: No items need to be physically mailed to the UNC Study Abroad Office. All required items are submitted in this system.
Application Review and Notification
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and acceptance decisions will communicated via email within two weeks following the application deadline. After receiving your decision, you will be asked to indicate commitment to the program within your UNC Study Abroad application portal.
In the meantime, please review the Academics, Planning your Arrival, and Life on Campus and in Chapel Hill pages to find out more about your experience at UNC!