Public Policy

Departmental Reviewer: Anna Krome-Lukens,


To receive elective credit toward the major or minor in Public Policy for a course taken abroad, please submit a full syllabus for the course that includes information about the dates, days, and times the course met and a description of assigned reading and grading assignments/exams. If all of this information is not included on the syllabus, please provide the information in your notes and include supporting documentation.

The Public Policy department rarely awards transfer credit for core courses in the public policy major or minor. Approval requires that the course material in the course taken abroad be nearly identical to that of the department’s required course. If you are requesting credit for a core course, please provide substantial documentation of course content and assignments (e.g., written work) completed. Credit for Econ 101 must be awarded by the Economics department.